Sunday 18 December 2011

Felt heart Christmas garland

Christmas is just around the corner and even though my house is starting to look a little like Christmas threw up over it I couldn’t resist one more decoration!

This cute felt heart garland is quick and easy to make and finishes off my mantel piece perfectly!

What you need

·         Felt
·         Templates (I used  my trusty cookie cutters)
·         Glue
·         Ribbon
·         Thread
·         Scissors
·         Needle

Step 1

Cut out a selection of different sized hearts.

I decided to cut out the centre of one of the hearts to make my focal point in the middle of the garland. To do this you just need to fold a heart in half and cut out a smaller half heart shape.




I also stuck some smaller shaped hearts in the middle of bigger ones to add a bit of dimension as they say!

Step 2

Once you’ve cut and stuck all your hearts lay them out and decide on your garland pattern.

Step 3

Once you’re happy with your order stitch the hearts together and secure with a knot.


Step 4

Stitch a ribbon either end of your garland to hang up.

Step 5

Hang up and admire!


1 comment:

  1. Love this tutorial :) I need to make something for the fireplace too and this may just be the thing x merry Christmas x

    ReplyDelete