Tuesday 28 February 2012

Popular Crafts January Craft swap - Owls!

When I saw the words “Owl craft swap” pop up in my twitter feed I knew I had to be involved with whatever it was!

This was my first ever swap and I had so much fun doing it that I’ve just finished my second one and I’m about to post it off and am now about to start my third!

The swap is run by one of my favourite craft magazines Popular Crafts (which, by the way, you can see me and some other fab blogs in this months sites to be seen section)!

The swap is run monthly and there is a different theme each month. You send your details in and receive your swap partner. You then have to make something and purchase a gift with a £3 value and send off to your swap partner.

My swap partner was the lovely Tracey who tweets over at @summerdaisyUK

So for the swap I made –

A felt, hand stitched and hand embroidered needle case as Tracey’s  bio said she was just starting out with sewing (not that you’d think that from what I received)!





I’ll be blogging soon about how to make the needcase.

For my accompanying gift I bought some cute paperchase owl stickers and an owl candle holder (and I erm, didn’t end up buying myself exactly the same things)!




And this is what I received –

A gorgeous 50’s style pinny apron and cooking utensils wrapped in two lovely ribbons!




I love swaps!

P.s - I have no idea why my body shape looks so wierd in the above pic and please excuse my chip & dale slippers!

1 comment:

  1. I love what you made and what you got! They are both so cute! And can't wait to see what else you make!!
    Stace x

    ReplyDelete