Tuesday 20 March 2012

Felt needle case

This is how to make the needle case I made for my first craft swap with Popular Crafts magazine. You can read more about what I sent for the swap and what I received here!

Step 1

Cut out a template for the main part of your needle case. I made mine about 18cm by 10cm but you can do whatever size you want.


Step 2

Cut out 2 bits of felt using your template. I used contrasting colours. I also decided to round the edges but I didn't take a picture of that!




Step 3

I wanted to add a little pocket on the inside. To do this cut a little rectangle of felt. Stitch the pocket to the inside piece of felt only! It’s important to do this before sewing the front and back together as it hides the stitches.



Step 4

Create what you want to go on top. I made an owl for mine as the theme for the swap was owls!


 

 

Step 5

Stitch your owl (or whatever you've made) to the outside piece of felt. I also added to little buttons that you can see just peeking in on the edge of the photo!


Step 6

Cut a smaller piece of felt to make your page to put your needles and pins on. Stitch to the middle of the inside piece of felt.


Step 7

Once all the inside and outside decorations and pages have been secured sew the inside and outside felt together using a blanket stitch.


Step 8

Add your needles, pins and buttons! (As you can see I also decided to add a couple of buttons to the front)!


1 comment: